« AnteriorContinuar »
of his peace-offerings be eaten at all on the || and the fat, shall have the right shoulder third day, it shall not be accepted, neither for his part. shall it be imputed unto him that offereth it: 34. For the wave-breast and the heaveit shall be an abomination, and the soul that shoulder have I taken of the children of Iseateth of it shall bear his iniquity.
rael from off the sacrifices of their peace19. And the flesh that toucheth any un-offerings, and have given them unto Aaron clean thing shall not be eaten; it shall be the priest and unto his sons, by a statute for burnt with fire: and as for the flesh, all that ever from among the children of Israel. be clean shall eat thereof.
35. This is the portion of the anointing of 20. But the soul that eateth of the flesh || Aaron, and of the anointing of his sons, out of the sacrifice of peace-offerings that per- of the offerings of the Lord made by fire, tain unto the Lord, having his uncleanness in the day when he presented them to minisupon him, even that soul shall be cut off ter unto the LORD in the priest's office ; from his people.
36. Which the LORD commanded to be 21. Moreover, the soul that shall touch given them of the children of Israel, in the any unclean thing, as the uncleanness of day that he anointed them, by a statute for man, or any unclean beast, or any abomina- ever throughout their generations. ble unclean thing, and eat of the flesh of the 37. This is the law of the burnt-offering, sacrifice of peace-offerings which pertain of the meat-offering, and of the sin-offering, unto the LORD, even that soul shall be cut || and of the trespass-offering, and of the conoff from his people.
secrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace22. 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, offerings; saying,
38. Which the LORD commanded Mo23. Speak unto the children of Israel, ses in mount Sinai, in the day that he saying, Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of commanded the children of Israel to offer ox, or of sheep, or of goat.
their oblations unto the LORD, in the wil24. And the fat of the beast that dieth of | derness of Sinai. itself, and the fat of that which is torn with
CHAP. VIIJ. beasts, may be used in
1 Moses consecrateth Aaron and his sons. 31 The place ye shall in no wise eat of it.
and time of their consecration. beast, of which men
offer an offering made . A ND: the Lord spake unto Moses, by fire unto the LORD, even the soul that 2. Take Aaron, and his sons with him, eateth it shall be cut off from his people. and the garments, and the anointing oil, and
26. Moreover, ye shall eat no manner || a bullock for the sin-offering, and two rams, of blood, whether it be of fowl, or of beast, || and a basket of unleavened bread; in any of your dwellings.
3. And gather thou all the congregation 27. Whatsoever soul it be that eateth together unto the door of the tabernacle of any manner of blood, even that soul shall the congregation. be cut off from his people.
4. And Moses did as the LORD com28. 1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, manded him; and the assembly was gasaying,
thered together unto the door of the taber29. Speak unto the children of Israel, nacle of the congregation. saying, He that offereth the sacrifice of his 5. And Moses said unto the congregapeace-offerings unto the LORD, shall bring tion, This is the thing which the LORD comhis oblation unto the LORD of the sacrifice | manded to be done. of his peace-offerings.
6. And Moses brought Aaron and his 30. His own hands shall bring the offer- || sons, and washed them with water. ings of the LORD made by fire; the fat with 7. And he put upon him the coat, and the breast, it shall he bring, that the breast girded him with the girdle, and clothed him may be waved for a wave-offering before with the robe, and put the ephod upon him, the LORD.
and he girded him with the curious girdle of 31. And the priest shall burn the fat the ephod, and bound it unto him therewith. upon the altar; but the breast shall be 8. And he put the breastplate upon him ; Aaron's and his sons'.
also he put in the breastplate the Urim and 32. And the right shoulder shall ye give the Thummim. unto the priest for a heave-offering of the 9. And he put the mitre upon his head : sacrifices of your peace-offerings.
also upon the mitre, even upon his fore-front, 33. He among the sons of Aaron, that | did he put the golden plate, the holy crown offereth the blood of the peace-offerings, ll as the LORD commanded Moses.
for the sin-offering.
10. And Moses took the anointing oil, || and all the fat that was upon the inwards,
neys, and their fat, and the right shoulder: 11. And he sprinkled thereof upon the 26. And out of the basket
of unleavened altar seren times, and anointed the altar, bread, that was before the Lord, he took and all his vessels, both the laver and his one unleavened cake, and a cake of oiled foot, to sanctify them.
bread, and one wafer, and put them on the 12. And he poured of the anointing oil || fat, and upon the right shoulder: tupon Aaron's head, and anointed him, to 27. And he put all upon Aaron's hands, sanctify him.
and upon his sons' hands, and waved them 13. And Moses brought Aaron's sons, for a wave-offering before the LORD. and put coats upon them, and girded them 28. And Moses took them from off their with girdles, and put bonnets upon them; hands, and burnt them on the altar upon as the Lord commanded Moses.
the burnt-offering: they were consecrations 14. And he brought the bullock for the for a sweet savour: it is an offering made sin-offering: and Aaron and his sons laid by fire unto the LORD. their hands upon the head of the bullock 29. And Moses took the breast, and
waved it for a wave-offering before the LORD: 15. And he slew it; and Moses took the for of the ram of consecration it was Moses' bbod
, and put it upon the horns of the part ; as the Lord commanded Moses. altar round about with his finger, and 30. And Moses took of the anointing oil, purified the altar, and poured the blood and of the blood which was upon the altar, at the bottom of the altar, and sanctified and sprinkled it upon Aaron, and upon his it, to make reconciliation upon it.
garments, and upon his sons, and upon his 16. And he took all the fat that was upon sons' garments with him; and sanctified the inwards, and the caul above the liver, Aaron, and his garments, and his sons, and and the two kidneys, and their fat, and Mo- his sons' garments with him. ses burned it upon the altar.
31. And Moses said unto Aaron, and to his
19. And he killed it; and Moses sprin- and of the bread shall ye burn with fire.
days, until the days of your consecra
tion be at an end : for seven days shall he 21. And he washed the inwards and the consecrate you. legs in water; and Moses burnt the whole 34. As he hath done this day, so the ram upon the altar: it was a burnt-sacrifice Lord hath commanded to do, to make an for a sweet savour, and an offering made by atonement for you. fire unto the LORD; as the LORD com- 35. Therefore shall ye abide at the door
of the tabernacle of the congregation day 22. And he brought the other ram, the and night, seven days, and keep the charge ram of consecration: and Aaron and his sons of the LORD, that ye die not : for so I am
the head of the ram. commanded. 23. And he slew it; and Moses took of 36. So Aaron and his sons did all things the blood of it , and put it upon the
tip of which the LORD commanded by the hand Aaron's right ear, and upon the thumb of of Moses. his night hand, and upon the great toe of
CHAP. IX. 24. And he brought Aaron's sons, and
1 The first-offerings of Aaron for himself and
23 Moses and Aaron bless the people. 24 Fire cometh Moses put of the blood upon the tip of from the Lord upon the altar.
2. And he said unto Aaron, Take thee N
laid their hands upon
his right foot.
a burnt-offering, without blemish, and offer || ram, for a sacrifice of peace-offerings, which them before the LORD.
was for the people: and Aaron's sons pre3. And unto the children of Israel thou sented unto him the blood, which he sprinshalt speak, saying, Take ye a kid of the kled upon the altar round about, goats for a sin-offering; and a calf, and a 19. And the fat of the bullock and of the lamb, both of the first year, without blemish, ram, the rump, and that which covereth the for a burnt-offering ;
inwards, and the kidneys, and the caul 4. Also a bullock and a ram for peace- above the liver: offerings, to sacrifice before the LORD; and 20. And they put the fat upon the breasts, a meat-offering mingled with oil: for to-day and he burnt the fat upon the altar: the LORD will appear unto you.
21. And the breasts and the right shoul5. And they brought that which Moses der Aaron waved for a wave-offering before commanded before the tabernacle of the the LORD; as Moses commanded. congregation : and all the congregation 22. And Aaron lift up his hand towards drew near, and stood before the LORD. the people, and blessed them; and came
6. And Moses said, This is the thing down from offering of the sin-offering, and which the LORD commanded that ye should the burnt-offering, and peace-offerings. do; and the glory of the LORD shall appear 23. And Moses and Aaron went into the
tabernacle of the congregation, and came 7. And Moses said unto Aaron, Go unto out, and blessed the people: and the glory the altar, and offer thy sin-offering, and thy of the LORD appeared unto all the people. burnt-offering, and make an atonement for 24. And there came a fire out from bethyself and for the people: and offer the of- ! fore the Lord, and consumed upon the altar fering of the people, and make an atone- the burnt-offering and the fat: which when ment for them; as the LORD commanded. all the people saw, they shouted, and fell
8. Aaron therefore went unto the altar, on their faces. and slew the call of the sin-offering, which
CHAP. X. was for himself.
1 Nadab and Abihu, for offering of strange fire, are burnt 9. And the sons of Aaron brought the
by fire. 8. The priests are forbidden wine when they are
to go into the tabernacle. blood unto him; and he dipped his finger in 1. ND Nadab and Abihu, the sons of the blood, and put it upon the horns of the Aaron, took either of them his cenaltar, and poured out the blood at the bot- ser, and put fire therein, and put incense tom of the altar.
thereon, and offered strange fire before the 10. But the fat, and the kidneys, and the LORD, which he commanded them not. caul above the liver of the sin-offering, he 2. And there went out fire from the burnt upon the altar; as the LORD com- LORD, and devoured them; and they died manded Moses.
before the LORD. 11. And the flesh and the hide he burnt 3. Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is with fire without the camp.
it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be 12. And he slew the burnt-offering; and sanctified in them that come nigh me, and Aaron's sons presented unto him the blood, before all the people I will be glorified. which he sprinkled round about upon the And Aaron held his peace. altar.
4. And Moses called Mishael and Elza13. And they presented the burnt-offering | phan, the sons of Uzziel the uncle of Aaron, unto him, with the pieces thereof, and the and said unto them, Come near, carry your head; and he burnt them upon the altar. brethren from before the sanctuary out of
14. And he did wash the inwards and the camp. the legs, and burnt them upon the burnt- 5. So they went near, and carried them offering on the altar.
in their coats out of the camp; as Moses 15. And he brought the people's offering, had said. and took the goat, which was the sin-offering 6. And Moses said unto Aaron, and for the people, and slew it, and offered it for unto Eleazar, and unto Ithamar, his sons, sin, as the first.
Uncover not your heads, neither rend your 16. And he brought the burnt-offering, clothes ; lest you die, and lest wrath come and offered it according to the manner. upon all the people: but let your brethren,
17. And he brought the meat-offering, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burnand took a handful thereof, and burnt iting which the LORD hath kindled. upon the altar, beside the burnt-sacrifice of
7. And ye shall not go out from the door the morning.
of the tabernacle of the congregation, lest 18. He slew also the bullock and the you die: for the anointing oil of the LORD
clean and clean;
1 upon you. And they did according to
CHAP. XỈ. the word of Moses.
2 What beasts may, 4 and what may not be eaten. 9 What 8. And the LORD spake unto Aaron, fishes. 13 What fools. 29 The creeping things which saying,
ND the LORD spake unto Moses, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, sayve de: it shall be a statute for ever through ing, These are the beasts which ye shall eat out your generations;
among all the beasts that are on the earth. 10. And that ye may put difference be- 3. Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is tween holy and unholy, and between un- cloven-footed, and cheweth the cud among
the beasts, that shall ye cat.
12. 1 And Moses spake unto Aaron, and cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof;
, Take the meat-offering that 5. And the coney, because he cheweth
6. And the hare, because he cheweth 13. And ye shall eat it in the holy place, the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unbecause it is thy due, and thy sons' due, of clean unto you. the scrifices of the LORD made by fire: for 7. And the swine, though he divide the so I am commanded.
hoof, and be cloven-footed; yet he cheweth 14. And the wave-breast and heave- not the cud; he is unclean to you. shoulder shall ye eat in a clean place; thou, 8. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and and thy sons, and thy daughters with thee: their carcass shall ye not touch: they are for they be thy due, and thy sons' due, which unclean
to you. are given out of the sacrifice of peace-of- 9. I These shall ye eat, of all that are in fenings of the children of Israel.
the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales 15. The heave-shoulder and the wave in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, breast shall they bring, with the offerings them shall ye eat. made by fire of the fat, to wave it for a wave
10. And all that have not fins nor scales offering before the LORD; and it shall be in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that thine
, and thy sons' with thee, by a statute move in the waters, and of any living thing for ever; as the LORD hath commanded. which is in the waters, they shall be an
16. And Moses diligently sought the goat abomination unto you.
nation. 17. Wherefore have ye not eaten the 12. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales sin-offering in the holy place, seeing it is in the waters, that shall be an abomination most holy, and God hath given it you to unto you. bear the iniquity of the congregation, to 13. | And these are they which ye shall make atonement for them before the LORD? bave in abomination among the fowls; they 18. Behold, the blood of it was not shall not be eaten, they are an abomination; brought in within the holy place: ye should the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, indeed have eaten it in the holy place, as I 14. And the vulture, and the kite, after commanded.
his kind; 19. And Aaron said unto Moses, Behold, 15. Every raven after his kind; this day have they offered their sin-offering 16. And the owl, and the night-hawk, and and their burnt offering before the Lord; the cuckoo, and the hawk after his kind, and such things have befallen me: and if I
17. And the little owl, and the cormohad eaten the sin-offering to-day, should it || rant, and the great owl, have been accepted in the sight of the 18. And the swan, and the pelican, and
the gier-eagle, 20. And when Moses heard that, he was
19. And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
20. All fowls that creep, going upon all 36. Nevertheless, a fountain or pit, wherefour, shall be an abomination unto you. in there is plenty of water, shall be clean:
21. Yet these may ye eat, of every flying but that which toucheth their carcass shall creeping thing that goeth upon all four, be unclean. which have legs above their feet, to leap 37. And if any part of their carcass fall withal upon the earth;
upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, 22. Even these of them ye may eat; the it shall be clean. locust after his kind, and the bald locust 38. But if any water be put upon the after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, seed, and any part of their carcass fall and the grasshopper after his kind,
thereon, it shall be unclean unto you. 23. But all other flying creeping things, 39. And if any beast, of which ye may which have four feet, shall be an abomina- eat, die; he that toucheth the carcass theretion unto you.
of shall be unclean until the even. 24. And for these ye shall be unclean: 40. And he that eateth of the carcass whosoever toucheth the carcass of them of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean shall be unclean until the even.
until the even: he also that beareth the 25. And whosoever beareth aught of the carcass of it shall wash his clothes, and be carcass of them shall wash his clothes, and unclean until the even. be unclean until the even.
41. And every creeping thing that creep26. The carcasses of every beast which eth upon the earth shall be an abomination; divideth the hoof, and is not cloven-footed, it shall not be eaten. nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto 42. Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and you: every one that toucheth them shall whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatbe unclean.
soever hath more feet among all creeping 27. And whatsoever goeth upon his things that creep upon the earth, them ye paws, among all manner of beasts that go shall not eat; for they are an abomination. on all four, those are unclean unto you: 43. Ye shall not make yourselves abomiwhoso toucheth their carcass shall be un- nable with any creeping thing that creepeth, clean until the even.
neither shall ye make yourselves unclean 28. And he that beareth the carcass of with them, that ye should be defiled thereby. them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean 44. For I am the LORD your God: ye until the even: they are unclean unto you. shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye
29. These also shall be unclean unto you shall be holy; for I am holy; neither shall among the creeping things that creep upon ye defile yourselves with any manner of the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. the tortoise after his kind,
45. For I am the Lord that bringeth you 30. And the ferret, and the chameleon, up out of the land of Egypt, to be your and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole. God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am
31. These are unclean to you among all holy. that creep: whosoever doth touch them when 46. This is the law of the beasts, and they be dead, shall be unclean until the even. of the fowl, and of every living creature that
32. And upon whatsoever any of them, moveth in the waters, and of every creawhen they are dead, doth fall, it shall be ture that creepeth upon the earth; unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, 47. To make a difference between the or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever unclean and the clean, and between the vessel it be, wherein any work is done, it beast that may be eaten and the beast that must be put into water, and it shall be un- may not be eaten. clean until the even; so it shall be cleansed.
CHAP. XII. 33. And every earthen vessel, whereinto
The purification of a woman after child-birth. any of them falléth, whatsoever is in it shall 1 AND
the Lord spake unto Moses, 34. Of all meat which may be eaten, 2. Speak unto the children of Israel, saythat on which such water cometh shall being, If a woman have conceived seed, and unclean: and all drink that may be drunk borne a man-child, then she shall be unin every such vessel shall be unclean. clean seven days; according to the days of
35. And every thing whereupon any part the separation for her infirmity shall she be of their carcass falleth shall be unclean; unclean. whether it be oven, or ranges for pots, they 3. And in the eighth day the flesh of his shall be broken down: for they are unclean, foreskin shall be circumcised. and shall be unclean unto you.
4. And she shall then continue in the